Since 1990, we have performed seminars, workshops and consulting with 9,000-plus individuals representing more than 250 companies in the U.S., U.K., Switzerland, Canada, India, Germany, France, Czech Republic, Singapore, China, Saudi Arabia, and Japan.
The Process Group helps you succeed by:
Services delivered the way you want:
|What is Your Interest?|
|Implementing Scrum and Agile|
|Software and IT Development Skills|
|Implementing and Appraising CMMI (Development or Services)|
|Time Management for all Your Staff|
|Dedicated Phone-based / Webinar Assistance and Tailoring|
Run your software development projects faster and incrementallyDelivery options:
using Agile project management techniques
- 2-day workshop: Agile Software Development Workshop (Scrum)Project teams learn the Scrum development process to organize and manage their project work
- Consulting assistance to improve your current Scrum implementation [email your needs]
- Consulting assistance on integrating Scrum with other frameworks and lifecycles (e.g., CMMI, Waterfall, Incremental) [email your needs]
We work with you to define a custom session to address your challenges.
Software and IT Development Skills
Understand customer needsDelivery options:
Clarify product requirements early
Manage customer expectations
- 2-day workshop: In Search of Excellent Requirements
Software engineers, managers, requirements analysts and user representatives learn how to gather, document, analyze and manage customer requirements for software / IT applications. Includes user stories (Scrum).
- Consulting assistance to improve your current requirements practices [email your needs]
Meet project deadlines, reduce risks, manage expectationsDelivery options:
Get the project team on the same page
- 2- or 3-day workshop: Project Planning and Management
In this workshop, project managers and their teams learn how to meet deadlines through better estimation, reduce surprises using risk management, schedule work for better optimization, understand and negotiate project tradeoffs, and track progress. This session includes Agile project management practices. The techniques can be applied to software, IT, hardware, and non-technical projects (e.g., tech pubs, system installation).
- Onsite coaching on project management skills to ensure that your projects run more smoothly [email your needs]
- Consulting assistance to improve your current project management practices [email your needs]
Scope and estimate your project workDelivery options:
- 1-day workshop: Project Estimation
This workshop is a subset of the three-day Project Planning and Management workshop. It helps project managers and their teams develop more accurate effort and size estimates.
- Consulting assistance to improve your current estimation practices [email your needs]
Avoid schedule delays caused by needless product reworkDelivery options:
Significantly reduce maintenance costs
- 1- or 2-day workshop: Inspection (Peer Reviews)
This workshop teaches teams (practitioners and managers) to efficiently find defects in their work (documentation and code) and eliminate the personality conflicts and inefficiencies of walk-throughs.
- Consulting assistance to improve your current defect identification / peer review practices [email your needs]
Understand how to save money, produce more and work fasterDelivery options:
Establish a plan for your organization
- 2-day workshop: Doing More for Less
- Consulting assistance to improve your current organization's efficiency [email your needs]
Implementing and Appraising CMMI (Development or Services)
Learn how to use CMMI pragmatically
Perform a CMMI gap-analysis
Understand what a CMMI appraiser looks for
The following workshops are available:
- Intro to CMMI-DEV Staged and Continuous - (Three-day workshop, onsite only)
- CMMI-DEV - Level 2 - (One-day workshop, onsite or webinar)
- CMMI-DEV - Level 3 - (Two-day workshop, onsite or webinar)
- Overview of CMMI-DEV - (Three-hour presentation, onsite or webinar)
Services Model (summary page)
- Intro to CMMI-SVC Staged and Continuous - (Three-day workshop, onsite only)
- CMMI-SVC Supplement - (One-day workshop, onsite or webinar)
- CMMI-SVC Level 2 - (One-day workshop, onsite or webinar)
- Overview of CMMI-SVC - (Three-hour presentation, onsite or webinar)
The Process Group is a CMMI Institute certified vendor for the Introduction to CMMI (SVC & DEV), Services Supplement workshops and CMMI SCAMPI Appraisal method.
If you would like to implement Scrum (Agile) with CMMI, we can show you immediately where Scrum practices can be added to an existing CMMI implementation (while keeping process definitions to concise 1-page checklists). [email your needs]
Address the challenges of integrating various standards and frameworks together while staying focused on your business
Organizations often have many frameworks and standards they have to comply with alongside CMMI, such as Scrum, ISO, Waterfall, IEEE and PMI. We can help you map these frameworks together while maintaining focus on your core business. [email your needs]
Identify critical changes to improve organizational results
Benchmark against the CMMI
A process appraisal examines your organization's engineering and management practices and generates a focused list of strengths and critical areas for improvement with consensus from managers and team members. Our lead appraisers are certified by the CMMI Institute to conduct CMMI appraisals (SCAMPI Class A, B & C). We can also conduct an analysis that is customized to meet your specific needs. [email your needs]
Process appraisals are best done in-person. Smaller 3-4 hour sessions can be performed by conference call. [email your needs]
Implement a straightforward improvement program focused on your business needsDelivery options:
- 2-day workshop: Making Process Improvement Work
This workshop provides a systematic approach for your organization to improve its development or service capability, resulting in higher quality results and reduced costs. It presents a straightforward, systematic approach to planning, implementing, and monitoring a process improvement program. The skills are applied to your work in the session.
- Consulting assistance to improve your process improvement practices [email your needs]
Improving Organizations - Executive Overview
- Three-hour presentation: Improving Organizations - Executive Overview
In this session, the management of an organization will learn the critical steps needed for successful process improvement. The presentation will demonstrate how improvement activities are tied to the business goals of an organization, how improvements are deployed, how progress is tracked, and how models and frameworks (e.g., CMMI, Scrum) can be used to help teams in their daily work. [email your needs]
Clarify and refine business/project objectivesDelivery options:
Define analysis and reporting
- 1-day workshop: Measurement and Analysis
In this session, team members, leads and managers define their objectives, measurements and analysis activities.
- Consulting assistance to improve your measurement practices [email your needs]
Evaluate decision alternativesDelivery options:
Involve appropriate stakeholders
Capture critical decisions to avoid rehashing
- 1/2-day workshop: Decision Analysis and Resolution
- Consulting assistance to improve your decision and analysis practices [email your needs]
Select projects to be outsourcedDelivery options:
Select qualified suppliers
Manage your outsourced project
- 1.5-day workshop: Supplier ManagementIn this workshop, team members, managers and subcontract managers learn how to define a product to be outsourced, write a subcontract management plan, select appropriate vendors and manage the project to completion.
- Consulting assistance to improve your supplier management practices [email your needs]
Time Management for all Your Staff
Achieve more with your timeDelivery options:
Make your staff more productive
- 1-day workshop: Time Management
In this workshop, technical and non-technical staff learn and use personal time management skills to improve their focus and productivity.
- Consulting assistance to improve your time management practices [email your needs]
Dedicated Phone-based / Webinar Assistance and Tailoring
Dedicated phone-based / webinar assistance
This service allows you to obtain our expertise while eliminating travel expenses. Usually when clients call us to discuss their needs and issues, we are able to help them at no cost through discussions and E-mails.
At other times, we jointly decide that dedicated phone-based assistance is needed for significant pre-arranged consulting time over the telephone. We provide this at our regular consulting rate. We will work with you to create an agenda and schedule a specific time for the session. You will only be invoiced for the hours used.
Dedicated phone-based assistance is ideal for senior managers, project teams and process improvement teams needing to resolve a problem, determine direction, or undergo a periodic checkup.
This service consists of customized coaching on your specific problems, (e.g., meeting deadlines, product quality, process documentation feedback, project reviews, improvement progress checkup and cultural change issues).
Reduced scope workshops can be provided. Examples include: Use Cases (1/2 day), Risk Management (1/2 day), Project Planning (2 days), Negotiation (1/4 day), and Project Scheduling (1/2 day).
Our staff routinely speaks on subjects that relate to the services we offer. These sessions provide a fresh perspective on the issues you face, and more clearly illustrate the options you have for improving your development process.
Workshop material licensing
The Inspection, Project Planning and Estimation workshop materials are available for licensing in conjunction with a train-the-trainer program. [email your needs]
© The Process Group