Critical Information for Change Agents
"HOW TO" AUDIO FILES FOR PROCESS IMPROVEMENT
FREE DOWNLOAD FILES
THE ROLE & FOCUS
Avoid the pitfalls of poorly
implemented process improvement and achieve effective
results through the use of an Engineering Process
Group (EPG) (or SEPG** for Software organizations).
An EPG is an internal group of
engineers and managers established to help the organization
This audio file contains a discussion of the
most important roles EPGs play and how they accomplish
meaningful process improvement within an
** This audio was originally created for software engineers. The techniques apply to any EPG.
- The EPG as a service organization.
- Is authority needed to be an
- The roles EPG people play:
- Solving organization-wide and project-level
- Establishing working
- Working with projects to adopt new
- Selecting project
- Treating process frameworks (e.g.,
CMMI, ISO9001) as toolboxes.
- The EPG as a coach.
- The appropriate size of an
- Creating a process database -
- Measuring an EPG.
- Activities EPGs should avoid -
- Process documentation.
- Life cycle characteristics at Maturity
- Process definition
- Process tailoring.
- Using old processes.
- Successful EPG activities.
MP3* audio file (33 minutes)
[Right click on download links]
Accompanying presentation slides (PDF)
A 10-PIECE TOOL BOX
Learn techniques for implementing organizational
Understand why people do what they do.
Learn how to determine what individuals need in the
Understand why people currently resist your ideas.
Make your improvement program more compelling.
- The selling aspect of getting people to change.
- Individuals want to be understood first and then have
their problems solved.
- People only behave to gain pleasure and avoid
- If there is a big enough why, people will decide to
change in a heart beat.
- Motivation requires leverage.
- Events lead to beliefs. Beliefs combined with values
lead to behaviors.
- People are always looking for a better emotional
- Information x focus = current reality.
- Reinforcement will condition a new behavior
- Any process can be accelerated by modeling someone
who can do it already.
*MP3 files work on IPOD and other MP3 compatible platforms.